IT Pro Asks: Why are IT professionals so misunderstood?
Welcome to the latest series of 2-minute IT Pro videos
Welcome to IT Pro Asks, a new series of monthly videos where we answer some of the biggest topics troubling IT professionals nowadays, plus some more philosophical IT-related topics.
This month, we ask why IT professionals are so misunderstood. Despite becoming an evermore important part of everyday business, IT professionals are often still seen as the nerdy guys (yes, the stereotype is still very male) who lack social skills and tell you that you can’t do something for no apparent reason.
We dig into why this image still exists and what – if anything – can be done to overcome it.
Next month, we’ll be looking at something a little more speculative: What would happen if a massive solar storm similar to the 1859 Carrington Event hit the planet today?
- Six ways boards can step up support for cyber security
- Is your board up to speed on IT infrastructure?
- IT Pro Live: Influencing to win
- IT Pro Live: Why does everyone hate security?
- The IT Pro Podcast: Soft skills vs STEM skills
- The IT Pro Podcast: Turning developers into craftspeople
- CIOs are taking their seat at the boardroom table
- How a focus on the customer has reshaped the CIO role